Joy Rambo is the District RN for Medina City Schools with services provided by Akron Children's Hospital, School Health Services. She has a comprehensive professional history with specific pediatric nursing experience from the Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital. She received her BA from Furman University, her ADN from Cuyahoga Community College, and is currently earning an advanced nursing degree from Cleveland State University. She is also an MCSD parent with strong ties to our community having four Medina Bees of her own.
Our program focuses on:
- Providing cost-effective school nursing services.
- Improving student attendance.
- Addressing first aid, emergency services and acute healthcare needs.
- Administering medications and necessary procedures.
- Meeting the healthcare needs of students with chronic conditions.
- Implementing disease prevention and wellness programs to increase the overall health of the school.
- Referring students who need help to the appropriate specialists.
- Creating a safe learning environment for students.
- Enhancing overall school health through community outreach.
For more information about our nursing services, please visit Akron Children's Hospital - School Health Services.