Our District-A Snapshot of Our Students
In the 2015-2016 school year, our students continue to achieve great heights.
- There is a total of 558 members of the Medina High School Class of 2016
- The Class of 2016 received a total of 7.5 million in scholarships
- 161 members of the Class of 2016 received the Ohio Honors Diploma which includes 14 recipients of the Technical Diploma with Honors
- 96 members of the Class of 2016 are inducted into the National Honor Society
- 11 members of the Class of 2016 are inducted into the National Technical Honor Society
- 124 members of the Class of 2016 graduated Cum Laude, 64 members graduated Magna Cum Laude and
- 64 members of the Class of 2016 graduated Magna Cum Laude
- 133 members of the Class of 2016 graduated Summa Cum Laude
- The four year graduation rate in 2015 was 96.3%
- 76% of graduates attend 4-year colleges or universities (2015 statistic)
- Medina High School was ranked 123 out of a total 417 Ohio schools ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of America's Best High Schools. Nationally, the high school ranked 175 out of 29,070 U.S. public schools reviewed earning the district a silver award for 2014-2015.
- One Medina High School senior received a perfect score on the ACT
- In 2014-2015, middle school students earned a total of 425.5 high school credits in the areas of Algebra, Geometry, Physical Science, seventh grade Spanish 1A, and eighth grade Spanish 1B
Our District-A Snapshot of Our Staff
The dedicated staff of Medina City Schools works hard every day to provide our students with the opportunity to achieve success and grow as individuals.
- 78% of classroom teachers have Master's Degrees or higher
- Staff members stay current and continue their own learning through professional development opportunties throughout the school year
- In 2015, one Medina High School language arts teacher received the PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators Award and was amoung the top thirty applicants and has been designated as a Lead PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovator
- In 2016, one Medina High School science teacher was awarded the Inclusion Teacher ("IT") Award given to those teachers who provide exemplary services to students with special needs
- In 2016, one elementary music teacher was presented with the PACE Team award recognizing classroom teachers for their outstanding contribution in providing academic enrichment opportunities for our students during and outside of the regular school day
- In 2015-2016, four staff members were presented with the Distinguished Service Award-the highest award bestowed upon a Medina City Schools employee