District Mission and Vision
The Medina City School District prepares students for an ever-changing future by:
▪ Providing a student-centered learning environment to help students reach their maximum potential
▪ Instilling in them an enthusiasm for life-long learning
▪ Engaging in collaborative partnerships with our families, community, and world
Our students will be globally prepared citizens who value positive contributions to their community and society.
Our District-A Snapshot of Our Students
Our students continue to achieve great heights.
- There is a total of 589 members of the Medina High School Class of 2018
- The Class of 2018 received a total of $6.6 million in scholarships
- 183 members of the Class of 2018 received the Ohio Honors Diploma which includes 18 recipients of the Technical Diploma with Honors
- 105 members of the Class of 2018 are inducted into the National Honor Society
- 7 members of the Class of 2018 are inducted into the National Technical Honor Society
- The four year graduation rate in 2016 was 96.7%
- 76% of graduates attend 4-year colleges or universities (2016 statistic)
- In 2016-2017, middle school students earned a total of 366.5 high school credits in the areas of Algebra, Geometry, Physical Science, seventh grade Spanish 1A, and eighth grade Spanish 1B
Our District-A Snapshot of Our Staff
The dedicated staff of Medina City Schools works hard every day to provide our students with the opportunity to achieve success and grow as individuals.
- 78% of classroom teachers have Master's Degrees or higher
- Staff members stay current and continue their own learning through professional development opportunties throughout the school year
- In 2018, one Northrop Elementary fifth grade teacher was awarded the Inclusion Teacher ("IT") Award given to those teachers who provide exemplary services to students with special needs
- In 2018 one elementary gifted specialist was presented with the PACE Team award recognizing classroom teachers for their outstanding contribution in providing academic enrichment opportunities for our students during and outside of the regular school day
- In 2016-2017, four staff members were presented with the Distinguished Service Award-the highest award bestowed upon a Medina City Schools employee