District Mission and Vision
Medina City Schools is a suburban district covering approximately 52 square miles, including the City of Medina, Medina Township, Montville Township, and a portion of Layfayette Township, and is home to over 6,400 students. Our PK-12 school system includes seven elementary buildings, two middle schools, one high school, and an alternative school.
At the home of the Battling Bees, we are leading the way for innovation in education and making connections with standards through the integration of student-centered learning through our Portrait of a Bee and Deeper Learning Framework.
The Medina City School District prepares students for an ever-changing future by:
▪ Providing a student-centered learning environment to help students reach their maximum potential
▪ Instilling in them an enthusiasm for life-long learning
▪ Engaging in collaborative partnerships with our families, community, and world
Our students will be globally prepared citizens who value positive contributions to their community and society.
In Medina City Schools, we are committed to creating an educational system that prepares our students for learning today and in the future ahead through student-centered learning. Please visit our website at www.medinabees.org to follow our journey towards evolving education.
Our students continue to achieve great heights.
- There is a total of 565 members of the Medina High School Class of 2022
- The Class of 2022 received a total of $3.5 million in scholarships
- 196 members of the Class of 2022 received the Ohio Honors Diploma, two recipients of the Technical Diploma with Honors, and three recipients of the Ohio STEM Honors Diploma
- 93 members of the Class of 2022 were inducted into the National Honor Society
- Five members of the Class of 2022 were inducted into the National Technical Honor Society
- The four-year graduation rate in 2021 was 97.4%
- 76% of graduates attend 4-year colleges or universities (2021 statistic)
Student Academics Highlights
The dedicated staff of Medina City Schools works hard every day to provide our students with the opportunity to achieve success and grow as individuals.
- 18 Advanced Placement (AP) courses are offered at Medina High School: AP Biology, AP Calculus (AB), AP Calculus (BC), AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Principles, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Latin IV, AP Microeconomics, AP US History, AP Music Theory, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP United States Government and Politics, AP Studio Art, Drawing Portfolio, AP Spanish V, and AP Statistics
- In 2021, 336 students took 619 AP exams of which 13% scored 5, 24% scored 4, and 27% scored 3.
- Six dual-credit courses are offered: English Composition I, English Composition II, Introduction to Personal Finance, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Sociology, Government and Politics in the United States, Anatomy and Physiology for Allied Health.
- An average of 154 students in grades 10-12 engaged in a course or courses that earned college credit under the College Credit Plus (CCP) program: 1% grade 9, 6% grade 10, 36% in grade 11, 56% in grade 12.
- World languages offered in grades 8 -12: French and Spanish. Grades 9-12, American Sign Language and Latin.
- Medina High School students achieved a composite ACT score of 23.4 and a total SAT score of 1052 in 2021.
For more highlights, please see our latest Quality Profile by clicking on this link.